Operations Strategy Manager - Rio De Janeiro
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of their city.
The Operations Strategy Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as you will be in charge of continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to oversee relationships with a very valuable part of our business: our driver partners.
You will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement. Diligently search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Oversee driver relationships, identify and resolve problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Be Resourceful and Take Initiative. Take ownership of Uber's growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
- 3+ years of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to guide and support business decisions.
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Paid company holidays, gym reimbursement
- Medical package to fit your needs
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top