Operations Strategy & Analytics Manager - UberEATS
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The UberEATS Operations Strategy & Analytics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces with EATS driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business and personal ownership over the driver leg or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
New York City is one of our hub cities for UberEATS. In addition to our New York City EATS team, we are the home to our Philadelphia UberEATS team and our New Jersey UberEATS team. We are hiring Operations Strategy & Analytics Managers for these three markets and you'll be considered for each group! This is an awesome opportunity be at the ground level of a new product and be able to help drive its growth.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Optimize delivery times, earnings, restaurant satisfaction with couriers, and eater (recipient) satisfaction with couriers; help make our couriers as efficient and effectively as possible.
- Market management: You have an eye for the macro view of our market - you know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Mexican food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we'll need to have coverage there).
- Strategy. Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and customer experience
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves quickly and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be restaurant prospecting, onboarding, account management, or courier growth and scaling in such a way that your processes contribute, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Be fast, resourceful, and take initiative. Take ownership of uberEATS' growth in your city and do everything you can to enhance the quality of our services.
What you'll need
- Excellent data skills - knowledge of SQL, or mathematical / engineering background to pick it up quickly. You'll need a data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking.
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our drivers
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top