Operations Strategy Analyst - UberEATS
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The UberEATS Operations Strategy Analyst role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces with EATS driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high growth environment, and you will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business and meaningful ownership over the driver leg or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
What you'll do
- Develop and optimize processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Optimize delivery times, earnings, restaurant satisfaction with couriers, and eater (recipient) satisfaction with couriers; help make our couriers as efficient and effectively as possible.
- Market management: You have an eye for the macro view of our market - you know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Mexican food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we'll need to have coverage there).
- Strategy. Select which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to optimize our regional business
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts
What you'll need
- 2+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- BS from top university.
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top