Operations Specialist - Philippines (Graduate Hiring and Internships)
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role:
Uber is a marketplace, and Operations Specialists work with different users in their city with the goal of making sure that with a tap of a button anyone, anywhere can get a car under 5 minutes. In practice this requires a unique mix of analytical and interpersonal skills; an ability to use our data to quickly understand trends in supply and user demand, combined with an ability to motivate users to behave in ways that take advantage of those insights. Highly refined people skills, as well as toughness, persistence and grit, are required to ensure capacity, while providing the quality of service we demand for our users. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business.
About the Team
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of employment opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city and help solve traffic congestion.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Analytical ability – We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently manage the supply of drivers and the demand from riders, you need to be able to constantly monitor and understand trends in supply and demand, and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions.
- Business instincts – Inherently curious by nature, you enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You’d be excited to master Uber’s business model, and would doggedly pursue making that model flourish in your city.
- Drive and hustle – Ops Specialists are responsible for continually sourcing, signing up, onboarding and motivating the people who use Uber in a city, whether it be riders or drivers. This requires extreme resourcefulness, and the ability to sell Uber as a partner and platform. Ops Specialists also constantly monitor cars on the road at any given point in time, optimizing the quantity of cars, guiding their physical location across the city, based on user demand, and ensuring the highest levels of service. This requires the constant focus and the highest levels of dedication.
- People skills – You’ll need truly world-class people skills to be able to influence partner-drivers and riders to use Uber, in places, and in ways that ensure a world-class experience for all our users. Depending on the conversation, you’ll need to be able to charm or cajole our partners and riders accordingly.
- B.A. or B.S. (Top graduating students from top universities encouraged to apply!) with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance-related degree, or Honors program background preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners and Uber users
- Demonstrated background in solving complex customer problems
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top