Operations Manager, Uber Eats - Czech Republic
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Operations Manager Uber Eats in Romania you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our food delivery platform in one of our key markets globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is very complex. Add to that the fact that we're delivering a perishable product on demand and at massive scale and you have a really fascinating set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and our users are passionate about eating great food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to be part of a fast paced business and inspire the people around you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop and scale the delivery partners on the platform and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Manage efficiency of the marketplace. We move a ridiculous number of meals each day, and you'll be at the heart of the operations where every single one of them passes through.
- Develop & optimize processes on different sides of the marketplace: You will help design processes to operationalise our supply acquisition efforts courier and restaurant onboarding automations.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our processes and product as well as increase the engagement on the Uber Eats Platform.
- Work closely with our central teams to design and execute an efficient end-to-end process.
- Coordinate and collaborate with our Greenlight and support teams. We have local teams on the ground that will help you managing all type of operations.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in operations, technology or business development (Rapidly changing environment experience is a plus)
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment.
- A good mix of creativity, operational and growth hacking skills, proven by working in different fields or on different projects.
- Passionate, self-driven and bold, deeply committed to making Uber Eats a success in the city, and rise to the occasion to resolve problems, big and small.
- You're a results-oriented, self-starter and a great communicator.
- Language - Excellent spoken and written English, mandatory Czech proficiency
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
Back to top