Operations Manager (SQL Focus) - UberEATS, Seoul
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The City Operations and Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our growing number of fleet partners and independent drivers. This is a critical role as it closely correlates to progressively improving the rider experience through greater vehicle availability while minimizing costs. This data driven role calls for the unique combination of thoughtful analysis, creativity & interpersonal ability to develop collaborations, define and launch exciting new products, and to share ownership of the operational performance of your city.
This is a rigorous business side startup role and you will work proactively with our tools to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, network optimization and vehicle supply growth. You will have close responsibility for the growth of business, collaborating with Marketing, Product, Public Policy and Communications functions from around the world. This is a flexible, cross functional role and you'll draw on both your excellent analytic skills and your dependable interpersonal skills right away.
What you'll do
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and encourage strategic fleet partnerships and driver growth
- Help with driver on-boarding and training
- Fleet development and optimisation (supply-chain management)
- Metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Definition and implementation of new and exciting rider-facing products
- Expansion planning/recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of geographic expansion and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Take ownership of Uber's growth in your city and country.
What you'll need
- At least 3- years of operational/analytical experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management.
- A data driven decision making mentality and excellent business judgment through analytical thinking.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models.
- Masters ("Grande Ecole") degree in science/engineering, economics, finance or similar field.
- Relevant experience and understanding of logistics software and/or car services is a plus.
- Passion about taking initiative to seize opportunities. A "let's get to work" and get into the details approach.
- Language skills: Fluent Korean and English.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top