Operations Manager / Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance - Malaysia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to help us ensure that we meet the regulatory and government requirements. You'll collaborate closely with both internal and external stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects and initiatives.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Negotiation and Stakeholder Management. You'll be a key part of Uber's discussions with policymakers and government agencies, and help represent the interests of both our company and community of riders/drivers.
- Tracking and Reporting. You'll analyze and report out on compliance across the country, working closely with Legal, Policy, Community Operations and Country Teams.
- Implementation & Compliance: With the rollout of official regulations you'll be heading up efforts to ensure we are compliant with local / national regulations.
- Analysis. You'll conduct analysis of our marketplace and partner behavior to identify and eliminate noncompliance, and work with operations to find solutions that balance growth with compliance.
- Product Improvement. You'll proactively search for new features which could help improve regulatory compliance and push to automate repetitive processes.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. You'll evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and collaborate with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible.
- Seize Opportunities. You'll take ownership of Uber's growth in the region and find creative new solutions and follow through.
What you'll need
- A project management / PMO skill set, working with stakeholders around Malaysia to drive home projects
- A data driven decision making mentality and reliable business judgment through excellent analytical thinking and experimentation
- Experience in dealing with government agencies or regulators
- A highly organized attitude, always on top of the big picture and all the details
- Initiative, flexibility, and commitment to follow through
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, computer science, law, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field preferred
- SQL knowledge a big plus, but not required
Back to top