Operations Manager, Madrid - Uber Eats
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Uber Eats Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services throughout Spain. This is a critical role as it interfaces between courier and restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to run partnerships.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market.
What You'll Do
- Help Uber Eats expand its geographical footprint in Spain.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Courier and Restaurant Partner Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, manage partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
- Take ownership of Uber Eats growth in your city, and do what it takes to get the job done.
What you'll need
- +3 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, operations, growth startup role or related field.
- You like taking initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment.
- While you will be based in Madrid, you enjoy travelling from city to city on a weekly basis to help push Uber Eats in the cities you oversee.
- Methodical and results oriented.
- You are willing to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners.
- You have a creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
Back to top