Operations Manager - Iberia (Quality, Compliance, Safety, and Fraud)
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating sound economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation simples, more reliable and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to maintain relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define the vision and determine a best-in-class standard for rider and driver quality.
- Define and deliver the contribution of quality and fraud prevention to business growth, and rider/driver experience.
- Identify and execute upon scalable ways to educate and influence drivers and riders to create a superior environment and experience.
- Develop, implement and optimize processes to ensure full compliance or all partners, drivers and vehicles on the Uber platform.
- Manage driver development and help them avoid developing fraudulent behaviors or try to help them get back in compliance and back on the road.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure, and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems, and product improvements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to achieve your goals, including operations team, senior leadership, product, tax, legal.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 3 years of Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Ability to create, implement and improve scalable operational processes.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top