Operations Manager - Iberia (Marketplace Efficiency)
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating sound economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation simples, more reliable and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to maintain relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
What you'll do
- Efficiency. Develop an analysis framework to understand the fine details of marketplace dynamics across Iberia and execute projects supporting country teams in reaching their optimal efficiencies given their local constraints
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and help partners optimize their utilization of the platform and their revenues while delivering optimal rider experiences and maximizing our reliability
- Tools and dashboards. Develop attractive and actionable dashboards tracking you and your team's KPIs with our reams of data.
- Product development. Work with the Operations and Marketplace teams in Iberia to shape the product roadmap that enables us to provide the most reliable mobility options to riders and be the platform of choice for partner-drivers, with a constant business rationale.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
- Hustle. We are a small team in a fast growing company and markets, and you will need to wear different hats all the time.
What you'll need
- At least 3 years of Consulting, Banking or Operations background with previous experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver.
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and self-starter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value.
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Ability to create, implement and improve scalable operational processes.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top