Operations Manager: Event Operations Lead
Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Manager – Brand Marketing, the SoCal Event Operations Lead will be the coach and mentor for the Event Ops team, fearlessly leading and inspiring big bold bets. Using your proven strategic thinking skills you will act as a thought partner to help drive the vision and logistics strategy forward improving the rider and driver experience at SoCal’s major venues and events.
The right person for this role has an obsession with data and strong communication skills that help translate analysis into actionable insights for on the ground logistics. You will offer a data-driven marketing perspective the team can use to inform strategy and iterate processes.
You can easily navigate strategy, planning and people management, all the while executing on high impact projects that drive Uber’s growth forward. You’re an optimistic leader ready to build a high performing team and take SoCal Event Ops to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coach, mentor, train and lead the SoCal Event Ops team
- Develop the vision and strategy for the team
- Be forward looking and strategically plan for the long term
- Motivate and inspire the team to execute results driven operations
- Create innovative logistics strategies that move the needle on growth and engagement, targeting both the rider and driver side of the business
- Work cross functionally with City, Regional, and BD teams to share best practices and scale proven strategies and partnerships to the WC and beyond
- Own and execute a portion of high impact venues and events that contribute to SoCal’s growth
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3-5+ years of marketing experience, emphasis towards experiential marketing and operations and logistics focused roles
- People management experience required
- Strategic thinker with bold ideas and a fierce approach to problem solving
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Proven analytical skills and makes data-driven decisions
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated success in scaling operations from the ground up
- Holistic marketing awareness and demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- Highly communicative and organized
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top