Operations Manager - Driver Marketing
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations Manager – Driver Marketing role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Continuously identify opportunities for Uber to acquire new drivers across all Russian cities
- Define initiatives, lead implementation and track results for Display, Social, Search, Affiliates and Offline
- Track and monitor past and current campaign performance and driver behaviour to recommend and execute strategies/tactics that will increase conversions from applied drivers to active drivers
- Track, measure, analyse and improve ROMI by campaign to drive investment decisions and marketing effectiveness
- Translate complex and varied inputs including market data, market research, drivers insights, and more into actionable campaigns that drive growth
- Bridge the gap between our driver marketing team and city teams in the implementation of new acquisition sources/products
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 3-5 years experience working in cross-functional product or marketing teams that delivered solutions related to conversion, marketing funnels and user engagement
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature
- Hands-on experience of digital channels such as Display, Social, Search, Affiliates
- A deep technical understanding of the tools and systems you use
- Experience with offline advertising will be beneficial
- Familiar with performance/direct response marketing and concepts (LTV, CTR, PPC, CPA etc.)
- Consulting/advertising agency background preferred but not required
- Data-driven mindset; ability to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A strong entrepreneurial bent. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done
- Fluent Russian and English
- SQL/engineering knowledge preferred
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top