Operations Manager, Driver Growth - Germany
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your country through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This role calls for a combination of savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work alongside a team of Operations Managers.
The Operations Manager will need to develop robust and streamlined processes to attract, convert, engage and retain partner-drivers facing a multitude of complex needs and bottlenecks. This requires a commitment to operational excellence, a deep understanding of driver lifecycle and economics, the capacity for out-of-the-box thinking to drive high quality top of funnel strategies and a customer centric mindset to implement high impact initiatives to develop partner-driver engagement. This role also calls for highly adaptable profiles that are keen to take on different issues and will demonstrate ability to push new initiatives, positively challenge the existing and make the role what they want it to be.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Analytics. Utilize data to understand marketplace dynamics, driver behavior or areas for improvement in our sign-up or incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps.
- Product Improvement. Localize Uber's product offering to driver-partners, take concepts from idea to execution and pro-actively search for new features that could improve the driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify & take on problem areas for drivers, and continuously improve the driver experience on the Uber platform.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value.
What You'll Need
- +2 years of experience of operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work or related field in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value
- Curious and eager to learn - you are interested in all things and can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers
- High Emotional IQ – you deal with partners, influencers with no problem
- Flexible and forward thinking - we need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Self-starter and collaborative leader. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people. You are a doer and motivator of others
- Fluent in German and English.
Back to top