Operations Manager - Driver Engagement/Retention
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engage. Your job is to get our existing driver-partners on the road by implementing best practices and innovating to create new processes and campaigns across call Russia cities
- Retain. You will also work to keep our existing partners on the platform by creating and implementing re-engagement and loyalty initiatives. Support HQ, mega-region, and city-level driver/partner initiatives at Russia level.
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our partner base by demographics, geography, and historical behavior to drive efficient and cost-effective growth of total engagement with the platform
- Strategy. Define the long term vision for driver-partner’s relationship to Uber to maximize retention and a build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long term.
- Educate. Help our partners learn how to use our system and get the most out of the Uber platform
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Develop communications strategy with Uber driver-partners across various channels (SMS, Email, In-app), driver segments and stages of their lifecycles
- Execute communications plan: design, automate, track results
- Perform regular A/B tests to measure effectiveness of new/existing messages
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in all Russia cities and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in managing/developing customer journey for online service (e-commerce, online gaming or similar)
- Experimentalist mindset supported by experience in running various A/B tests
- At least basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/SQL/R accompanied with readiness to learn is a must
- Data-driven approach for making decisions: do something that really works instead of something that feels to be working
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal stakeholders as well as developing clear and concise messages that drive the point home
- Owner’s approach: you see something broken, you fix it!
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- An interest in and passion for Uber
- Fluent Russian and English
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top