Operations Manager - Analytics Focused - Eats Bogota
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the worl. hether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Operations & Logistics Manager critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business. You will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and realize growth.
- Track and improve metrics/profitability.
- Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans.
- Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
- Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience.
- Take ownership of uberEATS' growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in fast-paced growing environment, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields.
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Data-driven decision making ability and deep analytical thinking.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude.
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working responsively with our driver and restaurant partners.
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- SQL knowledge
About the team
The Operations Managers are brilliant and analytic people with owner mentality that leads and improves the health and growth of our business, drive by the positive and innovative impact of their actions.
Back to top