Operations Manager - Analytical Focus - Uber Eats
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
The Uber Eats Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, Uber Eats. This is a critical role as it interfaces with Eats driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
This is a rigorous business side role in a high growth environment, and you will work with the Eats operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the Uber Eats business and meaningful ownership over the driver leg or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
What you'll do
- Plan and execute analysis that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Develop models that predict likely trends based on market dynamics, customer behavior, and more to preempt strategic decisions
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data and continuously identify new ways to use our data to drive decision making
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Business, Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and stat modeling)
- Experience with common data visualization tools is preferred
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Back to top