Operations & Logistics Manager- UberPool
Operations & Logistics Manager – uberPOOL
The Operations & Logistics Manager – uberPOOL is role is a unique opportunity to directly impact one of Uber’s newest but also most important products. Through sharp analysis and operations experimentation, the person who fills this role will help shape the future of uberPOOL. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical prowess, pro-active and creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to work cross-functionally.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the Uber in San Francisco/Bay Area.
What You’ll Do:
- Experiment. Come up with experiments to drive key KPIs for the POOL product. Implement and analyze the results of those experiments. The ones that work, you’ll help scale to POOL cities across the country.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider POOL experience. Work with other Ops team and product to find scrappy ways to test whether your new feature ideas are worthy of building at scale. Then make the case with data.
- Quality Control. Take ownership of the quality of the product/service being delivered from start to finish; run daily testing and working with business partners on continuous improvement of their quality control processes
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals. Make the case with data.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in your city, and do what it takes to get the job done
What You Need to Know/Have:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and business partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Love of uberPOOL and interest in new product development
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with analytical decision instincts
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Early member of a start-up with a passion for building a business from the ground up
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top