Operations & Logistics Manager - UberEATS - Sao Paulo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services: UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between EATS driver partners and EATS restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a self-starter who specializes in creative problem solving, is excited by creating and iterating on operationally complex processes, and can develop and lead a multitude of restaurant relationships. This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
PerksWhat you'll do:
- Strategy and Analytics. Structure analytical and process-oriented experiments to develop optimal weekly menu, decide when we can expand geographically and temporally, create account management tools for our multitude of partners, and much, much more!
- Restaurant Partner Management. Work with restaurant partners (often on-site at their restaurants) to launch and refine the fulfillment process.
- Food Quality Control. Take ownership of the quality of the food being delivered from start to finish; run daily temperature testing and work with restaurant partners on continuous improvement of their quality control processes.
- Collect and Act on Feedback. Create processes to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and customers and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- CFO - Chief Food Officer. Test (or get friends at work to test) all food items to figure out makes it onto our platform; regularly dine on the best food in town!
- Hustle. Take ownership of UberEATS growth in your city, and do what it takes to get the job done.
What you need to know/have:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university and 2-5+ years of operational/analytical experience or experience in a related field
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be "in the trenches" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Passion for the on demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular
Back to top