Operations & Logistics Manager, UberEATS San Diego (based in LA)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, detail oriented responsibility, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships to mutually beneficial outcomes.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and this person will work together with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will contribute enormously to the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and realize growth; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics - Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning - Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy - Choose which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement - Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Be fast, resourceful, and take initiative. Take ownership of uberEATS' growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services.
What you'll need
- Data-driven decision making ability and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Bachelor's degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.) or MB/MBA.
- Minimum of 3 years of high performing work experience in fast paced, growing environment, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working responsively with our driver and restaurant partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top