Operations & Logistics Manager, UberEATS Remote Markets (based in SF)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique ground floor opportunity to help contribute to the development of a brand new business for Uber. This is a critical role as it interfaces between driver partners and business partners to optimize the product and service delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, analytical skills, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and this person will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the Uber’s newest business line in the local market.
What you’ll do
- Strategy. Choose which projects the team should focus on and set a timeline to reach goals quickly. Help invent the future of Uber!
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver metrics to properly allocate supply, develop driver incentive programs, and ensure high-quality partner experiences.
- Growth Planning & Recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with the team to execute those strategies.
- Partner Support. Oversee the day-to-day issues of drivers on our system
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Create and scale new and existing processes to allow the business to launch and grow.
- Partner Relations. Guide development of our new logistics partners, identify and resolve problem areas for our logistics partners, and negotiate with businesses for perks.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver experience.
- Be Resourceful and Take Initiative. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services.
What you’ll need
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining an open and a collaborative attitude with your colleagues. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
- Flexibility to travel as needed to your market (weekly)
- A willingness to be “on the ground” working with our driver and business partners
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality, excellent communication skills and sound business judgment coupled with deep analytical thinking
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Consulting or Banking background with analytical decision instincts
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Background in a high-growth environment with a passion for developing a business from the ground up
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top