Operations & Logistics Manager, UberEATS Remote Markets (based in SF)
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique ground floor opportunity to help build a brand new business for Uber. This is a critical role as it interfaces between driver partners and business partners to optimize the product and service delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, analytical skills, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the Uber’s newest business line in the local market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals. Help invent the future of Uber!
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver metrics to properly allocate supply, develop driver incentive programs, and ensure high-quality partner experiences.
- Growth Planning & Recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with the team to execute those strategies.
- Partner Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of drivers on our system
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Create and scale new and existing processes to allow the business to launch and grow.
- Partner Relations. Manage development of our new logistics partners, identify & attack problem areas for our logistics partners, and negotiate with businesses for perks.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver experience.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Fleixbility to travel as needed to your market (weekly)
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and business partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Consulting or Banking background with analytical decision instincts
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Early member of a start-up with a passion for building a business from the ground up
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top