Operations & Logistics Manager - UberEATS - Remote Markets
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business in Texas cities and other key markets.
Operations and Logistics Managers based in Austin will be supporting Austin or one of our remote cities!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement — Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Hustle — Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Corporate strategy or business development background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top