Operations & Logistics Manager- UberEATS, Remote Markets
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to handle partnerships.
This is a rigorous business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business in Texas cities and other key markets. Our Operations & Logistics Managers based in Austin will be supporting the Austin market or one of our remote cities!
What you'll do:
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement — Actively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Hustle — Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do everything you can to get the job done
What you should have:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- At least 2 years full time professional experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Partnership management or business development experience a plus
- SQL knowledge a plus but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, engaged co-workers
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top