Operations & Logistics Manager, UberEATS
The uberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s newest services, uberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between EATS driver partners and EATS restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the uberEATS business.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Driver Partner Relations. Manage driver partner development, analyze partner metrics to properly allocate supply, and ensure high-quality experiences on the uberEATS system
- Restaurant Partner Relations. Work with restaurant partners (often on-site at their restaurants) to launch and refine the fulfillment process
- Food Quality Control. Take ownership of the quality of the food being delivered from start to finish; run daily temperature testing and working with restaurant partners on continuous improvement of their quality control processes
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and customer experience
- Hustle. Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- MBA graduate and/or 4+ years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles
- Example backgrounds:
- Consulting, Finance/Banking, Accounting, Economics
- Engineering with aspirations to apply technical problem-solving skills to more business and people-focused issues
- Technology or high-growth organizations with product or management experience
- Corporate strategy and planning with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Many others!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
UBER welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top