Operations & Logistics Manager, Uber Eats - Toronto
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Uber Eats Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS.
This is a critical role as it interfaces with Eats driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Optimize delivery times, earnings, restaurant satisfaction with couriers, and eater (recipient) satisfaction with couriers; help make our couriers as efficient and effectively as possible
- You have an eye for the macro view of our market - you know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Mexican food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we'll need to have coverage there)
- Choose the strategic projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Proactively search for new product features which could improve a seamless driver and customer experience
- Help design processes, whether it be restaurant prospecting, onboarding, account management, or courier growth and scaling in such a way that your processes contribute, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth
- Take ownership of Uber Eats' growth in your city and do everything you can to enhance the quality of our services
What You'll Need
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our drivers
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
About the Team
Toronto is the first market to launch Uber Eats and is our hub in Canada. In addition to our Toronto Eats team, we oversee 7 other markets. We are hiring Operations & Logistics Managers to help scale and grow our business across Canada. This is an awesome opportunity be at the ground level of a new product and be able to help drive its growth.
Back to top