Operations & Logistics Manager - Territory Management - Seattle
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We're a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward delivering an awesome experience for our users is critical to our success, and we're looking for a Territory Operations Manager to take ownership of marketplace health and growth efforts for our team (based in Seattle).
You'll be tasked with growing your market in a healthy and sustainable manner, based on trip growth, profitability, competitive health, and stakeholder reputation. To do so, you will need to be able to not only analyze your market dynamics and configure Uber tools, but also work with a broad array of stakeholders within the company to ensure your market's success. You should be as comfortable giving a 15-second elevator pitch about either Uber or your market to a stranger, as you are digging into data.
- Analytical. You enjoy solving problems through both strong reasoning and quantitative analysis
- Resourceful. We move quickly and that means taking a scrappy, startup mentality to tasks at hand
- A utility player. You'll contribute to every department and help solve any priority problem
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results
- Graceful. You are self-aware and well-spoken in meetings. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber and we'd have no issue having you represent our company
- Creative. You're full of fresh ideas to generate new user signups and drive rider/driver growth
- Born to network. If there's a major event in town, you're there building out your contact list
- Unflappable and super organized. We're moving people every day and there are plenty of moving parts in this role!
You'll be tasked with growing your territory in a healthy and sustainable manner, based on trip growth, profitability, competitive health, and stakeholder reputation. You will be expected to:
- Analyze market dynamics to understand product launch and growth opportunities
- Partner with a broad array of cross functional stakeholders to be on top of key metrics for your territory, making sure priorities are in order
- Be a key operations leader and devise near and long-term strategies to grow Uber in the PNW
- Execute strategic partnerships and own business development in your territory
Skills and Experience
- 1-4 years experience in operations management, marketing, sales, or business development
- Data analytics or marketing analytics background
- Previous people management experience a plus
- Willingness to travel within the Pacific Northwest
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively across multiple teams in an ambiguous, fast-changing environment
- Employees are given Uber rides each month
- Competitive benefits including equity, healthcare, and 401(k)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top