Operations & Logistics Manager - Technical Focus - Chicago
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We are looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our operations team as data and analysis focused operations managers. If you love digging into huge datasets and using sophisticated analysis techniques to generate actionable insights, we might have the opportunity you've been looking for.
As one of the world's fastest growing companies, we're generating vast amounts of data in every one of our cities every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, help city governments understand what's happening on their roads, and more. Operations Managers on our Chicago-based city teams are critical to us being able to make magic out of our data.
- Plan and execute analysis that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Develop models that predict likely trends based on market dynamics, customer behavior, and more to pre-empt strategic decisions
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data and continuously identify new ways to use our data to drive decision making
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- 2-6 years of experience in a quantitative role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and stat modeling)
- Experience with common data visualization tools is preferred
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- Employees are given Uber rides each month
- Competitive benefits including equity, healthcare, and 401(k)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top