Operations & Logistics Manager - Sydney
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Operations and Logistics Managers are the leaders of the Driver Operations team. They set direction and align teams to grow the business and support thousands of Uber driver partners” already active in their city. They are responsible for the continued improvement of the service in their city or region and work closely with product operations and engineering teams. Whether creating processes and learning from international experiments on driver-partner growth or designing incentives with the goal of ensuring an Uber driver-partner is just minutes away in every city, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
A number of us have banking, engineering, consulting, startup, or entrepreneurial backgrounds — if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live – Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and revolutionising earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you – you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Communication and collaboration skills – You’ll work with your city’s driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You can advocate for your position, but provide the data and insights to convince others to follow your lead.
- Analytical rigor – We use data to inform our decisions; you’ll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You’ll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions Focused – We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Drive to execute – We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You should have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You’ll have experience taking things from a proposal to a solution and the hustle to make it happen.
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Shape the strategic direction of your city & ANZ. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you’ll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top