Operations & Logistics Manager - SQL/Data Analytics, Melbourne
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
The Operations & Logistics Manager (SQL/Data Analytics Focus) role provides a unique opportunity to drive growth through the optimisation of our growing number of driver partners in Melbourne. This specialised Operations role requires a combination of technical (SQL) and business experience (applied economics / statistics) for the purpose of optimising and improving our marketplace, assisting and driving new product launches (e.g. UberPOOL) as well as supporting the rest of the team with analysis and testing.
What you’ll do:
- Assist others with conducting business research by gathering data (SQL), identifying options, and conducting experiments with detailed analyses.
- Present data-driven recommendations with clear proposed next steps and then go execute!
- Expansion planning/recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Take ownership of Uber’s growth in Melbourne.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of finance / business analytics / applied economics or related experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, or similar field
- Proficient in SQL (You drool over sub-queries, joins, and case statements)
- Experience executing regression analysis and developing various predictive models using statistical software such as Excel, SAS, R etc. desirable but not required.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my butt because I love it” approach
- Senior financial analyst / economic consultant or similar background with dreams of applying similar process to core business functions and having direct responsibility for the results
- Advance statistician or data analyst that loves crunching numbers but also thrives on human interaction
- Urban planner with private sector/business background and significant experience with projections, and statistical modeling
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym and phone reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top