Operations & Logistics Manager, Special Projects
This role is a unique opportunity to help develop and launch a new product for Uber. Through sharp analysis and operations experimentation, the person who fills this role will help shape the future of a new product line. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical prowess, pro-active and creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to work cross-functionally.
This position will require you to wear many hats, including securing business partnerships, building financial models, overseeing communications with our driver-partners, and working closely with our product team to design and enhance the product.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of Uber in San Francisco/Bay Area.
What You Need to Know/Have:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- An enthusiasm to work closely with our drivers and business partners
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- An entrepreneurial and problem solving mindset
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Interest in new product development and testing
- SQL experience and knowledge strongly preferred
- Consulting or banking background with analytical decision instincts
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Early member of a start-up with a passion for building a business from the ground up
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top