Operations & Logistics Manager - Hanoi
Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countres and hundres of cities around the world – at the push of a button. Uber’s global revenues are doublling every six months.
On another level, Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class. operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
These are early days, Uber’s global revenues are doublling every six months. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
About the Role
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our growing number of partner drivers. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater availability while minimizing costs. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking & interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This role will have direct responsibility for the growth in the Hanoi market.
What you’ll do:
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver and rider metrics to properly allocate supply, guide driver incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Partner Relations. Manage driver development, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for driver perks
- Expansion Planning / Recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Mobilize & Grow. Take on new opportunities like launching a new market, spinning off a new product line, experimenting with new business models… the possibilities are endless!
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Native fluency in Vietnamese and English
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Opportunity and as an early member of our business operations team; you’ll shape the business direction of the company locally and globally
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top