Operations & Logistics Manager - Hanoi
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as you will be in charge of continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to oversee relationships with a very valuable part of our business: our driver partners.
This is an rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and this person will work with the local Midwest operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth in the Hanoi market.
What you’ll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver and rider metrics to properly allocate supply, guide driver incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Strategy. Select which projects the team should focus on and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Partner Relations. Oversee driver development, identify and resolve problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for driver perks
- Expansion Planning / Recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Driver Support. Oversee the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
- Mobilize & Grow. Take on new opportunities like launching a new market, spinning off a new product line, experimenting with new business models…the possibilities are endless!
What you’ll need
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or similar field
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our driver-partners
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Native fluency in Vietnamese and English
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with instinct for numbers/excel based decisions
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- As an early member of our business operations, you’ll have a chance to grow with the team and shape the business direction of the company locally and globally
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we consistently engage
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top