Operations & Logistics Manager, Driver Engagement/Retention
In just over five years, Uber’s proud to be delivering our service throughout 63 countries in over 344 different cities across the globe. But that’s not enough – our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for an Operations Manager to help us engage, retain, and educate drivers in cities around the region, by designing and executing communications, projects, processes, and experiments driven by a deep understanding of the data and analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage. Your job is to get our existing drivers on the road by implementing best practices and innovating to create new processes and campaigns across the region
- Retain. You will also work to keep our existing drivers on the platform by creating and implementing re-engagement and loyalty initiatives
- Educate. Help our drivers learn how to use our system and get the most out of the Uber platform
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our driver base by demographics, geography, and historical behavior to drive efficient and cost-effective growth of total engagement with the platform
- Strategy. Define the long term vision for driver’s relationship to Uber to maximize retention and a build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long term.
- Problem Solving – Define the problem, develop a solution, implement the change, and iterate quickly based on data to get to the future faster
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Driver Relations. Manage driver development, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses to create new sources of driver value and loyalty
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in the region and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU NEED
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Solid understanding of data-driven customer acquisition and onboarding
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- HTML knowledge / ability a plus
Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top