Operations & Logistics Manager - Dhaka
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our growing number of fleet partners, and I/O drivers. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater availability while minimizing costs. This data driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking & inter-personal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an rigorous business side startup role & this person will work closely with our engineers in San Francisco to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through scheduling, asset utilization, and driver incentive programs. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of their business.
What you'll do
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic fleet partnerships and driver development.
- Driver on-boarding and training
- Fleet management and scheduling (supply-chain mgmt)
- Heavy metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Expansion planning/recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Take ownership of Uber's growth in their city.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of operational/analytical experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through deeply analytical thinking
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance or similar field
- Relevant experience in logistics software &/or car services is a plus
- Take-initiative approach
- Consulting, investment banking or accounting background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Dispatcher for a large fleet, without the "I know how this is done" attitude
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top