Operations & Logistics Manager - Compliance and Driver Engagement - Seattle
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our operations team as operations managers. If you love setting a vision and solving problems from 30,000 feet as well as diving deep into the details, we might have the opportunity you've been looking for.
As one of the world's fastest growing companies, we're generating vast amounts of data in every one of our cities every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior,, and more. Operations Managers on our Seattle-based teams are critical to us being able to turn that data into a strategy and action on it.
- Manage driver engagement projects across the Pacific Northwest; from Seattle to Bozeman
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, certification process and city level audits, integration with key business partners, customer engagement programs, and more
- Develop analytical frameworks to support senior management in business decision-making
- Identify operational inefficiencies and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city-level, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Collaborate with other subregional and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- 2-6 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
- Program Manager experience preferred
- Employees are given Uber rides each month
- Competitive benefits including equity, healthcare, and 401(k)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top