Operations & Logistics Manager, City Engagement
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations & Logistics Manager, City Engagement role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city by leading initiatives to improve the driver experience and by finding unique ways to use our technology to serve all of Chicago. Uber works tirelessly to improve cities, and this role will play a critical piece in solidifying relationships within the driver and local communities in Illinois and Indiana to further advance these efforts.
This is a highly cross-functional position that will work closely with various decision makers including the General Manager, Operations & Logistics Managers, Marketing Managers, Policy & Communications, and numerous outside parties, such as community groups, non-for-profits and city stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for driver partner rewards.
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Creative Problem Solving. Leverage the technology to solve problems and drive solutions in the community.
- Project Management. Put all the pieces in place to take ideas from concept to reality.
- Relationship Management. Develop and manage relationships with local community organizations.
- Work Cross-Functionally. Team up with our Policy and Comms groups to elevate and share the impact Uber has on drivers, riders, and our cities.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Great people skills, empathy, and experience serving customers.
- Thorough understanding of Chicago and local community organizations a plus.
- Experience driving with Uber a plus.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top