Operations & Logistics Manager - Chicago
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on a portfolio of cities through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is critical as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs, and streamlining processes associated with our local operations. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking, a love for process, and strong interpersonal skills - to be a great partner to our valuable driver-partner base, and our business.
Uber is generating vast amounts of data in every one of our cities every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, and more. The role is ultimately responsible for making sure we use data to solve challenges, and build a robust, growing, and profitable marketplace.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and present findings to support the company in decision-making
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city-level, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product teams, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Drive analysis on important decisions that inform key business initiatives, including driver growth efforts, driver-growth funnel optimization, customer engagement programs, and much more
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year of experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preference given to those already proficient in SQL, Excel, and data analysis
- Demonstrated leadership on projects and initiatives at your organization
- Attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment
Back to top