Operations & Logistics Manager - Calgary
WHO WE ARE
Uber is a technology company building something bigger than a great app; we’re moving real people & assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally. For our team, we’re offering meaningful ownership, amazing culture, and the rare opportunity to run a business and product that impacts the lives of everyone around you. Uber is looking for talented, hard-working, and passionate people to grow the business in Western Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the trajectory of one of the world’s fastest growing organizations.
Operations & Logistics Managers bring Uber’s business model to life and are accountable for high performance service. This includes all the real-world, on-the-ground business processes and driver management that live behind the app, creating the most effective, efficient, and reliable transportation service in the world.
This is an intense business start-up role that focus on the operational side of Uber’s business (e.g. working with driver-partners, managing / improving their processes and experiences and efficiently managing a marketplace). Despite being a global organization, local offices maintain autonomy over their business – meaning you and your team own the growth and profitability of your local business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Operations & Logistics Managers are responsible for strategic decision-making, front-line performance, and everything in between. A mix of day-to-day activities and broader projects, this includes:
The core job…
- Analyze and improve performance metrics – we have a ton of data – it’s your job to use it in a way that improves the business
- Evaluate the business opportunities and challenges associated with launching new Uber products or new markets entirely – then do it!
- Motivated to source problems and seek solutions – find a problem? It’s yours to fix.
- Change and scale our processes and operations – in-person, online, or otherwise
- Service expansion planning – lay out economic and strategic costs / benefits of growth strategies (e.g. driver incentive programs) and work with management to execute
- Liaise with Uber globally – collaborate with other cities or HQ-based teams (e.g., engineering, product), import and export best practices (Canada is a leader in the region for product launch and experimentation)
- Interact with drivers – interact with drivers 1×1 to truly understand the challenges they face and use these learnings to improve the business
- Experiment – everything at Uber is on the table to be changed. The best ideas win.
- People development – we’re a growing office so be prepared to help guide and develop junior talent and team members
- Help set big-picture direction for Uber in Western Canada
Additional potential specialty areas…
- Build driver community / loyalty – attack pain points for drivers, negotiate strategic partnerships and driver perks / development initiatives, and expand our partner relations capability
- Driver marketing – lead sophisticated campaigns to source potential drivers by advertising, communicating, and selling the Uber driving opportunity
- Rider marketing – collaborate with the marketing team to understand rider behaviour
- Safety and compliance – manage Uber’s relations with regulators and insurers, work with Uber’s policy and communications teams, and own national safety efforts
- Analytics – be the thought leader that uses our vast data to solve problems and identify opportunities
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Data-driven decision-making, analytical thinking, and creative problem solving applied to human processes
- Hustle – ability to take initiative in a fast-changing work environment
- Attention to detail in a highly tactical, execution-focused environment
- Strong empathy and patience for everyday interactions with customers (which means drivers as much as it does riders)
- A utility player – someone who can thrive when pulled in many directions; who is keen to do both big and small things that get the job done
- Passion for Uber’s vision – transportation as reliable as running water everywhere and for everyone
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) ‘I bust my ass because I love it’ approach
- SQL and HTML knowledge a plus, but not required
- MBA graduate and/or 4+ years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, or a variety of other specialty roles
- Example backgrounds:
- Consulting, Finance/Banking, Accounting, Economics
- Engineering with aspirations to apply technical problem-solving skills to more business and people-focused issues
- Technology or high-growth organizations with product or management experience
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Salary based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Medical/dental/vision package
- Gym & phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top