Operations & Logistics Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on Panama & Caribbean cities through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with determined timelines for completion
- Product Improvement. Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to drive business decisions is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Excellent excel skills and SQL knowledge (SQL preferred but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach
About the Team
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
Back to top