Operations & Logistics Manager - Business Analysis
The Operations & Logistics Manager – Business Analysis role is a unique opportunity to drive high visibility analytical projects in a fast-paced startup environment. This specialized Operations role requires a combination of technical skills (business & statistical analysis, experiment design & execution, SQL) and business experience (designing & advocating business solutions in a high impact environment).
What You’ll Do:
Create a Holistic View of the Business.
Gather and analyze data to inform key business decisions. Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to track success and failure of city and regional efforts.
Analyze and Execute Data-Driven Decisions.
Determine areas of opportunity, design and execute sound experiments, and present data-driven recommendations that improve upon and optimize current business practices. Build statistical models to understand the business and drive change.
Partner with Internal Teams.
Use your expertise to support the various Operations roles with everything from optimizing driver-partner economics to strategizing marketing tactics and customer acquisition.
What You Need to Know/Have:
- 3-5 years of business analytics / finance / consulting / applied economics or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL or other database querying language preferred (with the ability to transfer skills to SQL quickly); experience with Hive / Presto a plus
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment
- Comfortable with diving into analyses, driving business recommendations, generating organizational buy-in, and operationalizing processes from idea to execution
- Startup hustle: you own your projects completely and are a fierce advocate for creating business value
- Strategy or business analyst at a high growth, data-driven tech company
- Data or financial analyst who loves crunching numbers and wants to be on the operating front lines of a high-growth business
- Management or strategy consultant, economic consultant, or similar background who wants to see their ideas go from slide decks to implementation
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month
- The rare opportunity to change the world where everyone around you is using the product you built—we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top