Operations & Logistics Manager - Auckland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Operations and Logistics Managers are the leaders of the Driver Operations team. They set direction and align teams to grow the business and support thousands of Uber driver partners already engaged in their city. They are responsible for the continued improvement of the service in their city or region and work closely with product operations and engineering teams. Whether creating processes and learning from international experiments on driver growth or designing incentives to ensure an Uber driver is just minutes away in every city, this role is constantly evolving and needs someone who’s quick on their feet. What next? Food (UberEats), Parcels (UberRush), or something even bigger?
If you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll need
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live – Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and revolutionising earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you – you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Communication and collaboration skills – You’ll work with your city’s driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and developing solutions together. You can advocate for your position, but provide the data and insights to convince others to follow your lead.
- Analytical rigor – We use data to inform our decisions; you’ll quickly identify what data you need to help resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You’ll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions-centered – We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and figure out ways to resolve them. You are committed to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Drive to execute – We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You should have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You’ll have experience taking things from a proposal to a solution and the resourcefulness to make it happen.
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Shape the strategic direction of your city & ANZ. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you’ll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers in an exciting and diverse office environment with daily lunch and plenty of events.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top