Operations & Logistics Manager - Auckland
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Operations and Logistics Managers are the leaders of the Driver Operations team. They set direction and align teams to grow the business and manage thousands of Uber driver partners already active in their city. They are responsible for the continued improvement of the service in their city or region and work closely with product operations and engineering teams. Whether creating processes and learning from international experiments on driver growth or designing incentives to ensure an Uber driver is just minutes away in every city, this role is dynamic and fast thinking. What next? Food (UberEats), Parcels (UberRush), or something even bigger?
A number of us have banking, engineering, consulting, startup, or entrepreneurial backgrounds -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
Key Attributes to Succeed
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live - Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and revolutionising earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you - you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, seeing different points of view, and building solutions together. You can advocate for your position, but provide the data and insights to convince others to follow your lead.
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions Focussed - We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Aim to execute - We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You should have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You'll have experience taking things from a proposal to a solution and the hustle to make it happen.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top