Operations & Logistics Manager, Analytics, UberEATS
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical skills, creative problem solving, detail orientation, and social ability.
This is a rigorous business side startup role in a high growth environment, and you will work with our EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business and relevant ownership over the driver and/or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
What you'll do:
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes to allow our business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas; develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach those goals quickly
- Product Improvement — Proactively search for new features which could enhance the driver, customer, and restaurant experience; Help make our couriers as efficient and effective as possible
- Hustle— Take ownership of UberEATS growth in your city, and do everything you can to enhance the quality of our services
What you should know/have:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Excellent data skills- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with deep analytical thinking
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup / "all hands on deck" approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app. We're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, engaged co-workers
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top