Operations & Logistics Manager, Analytics - UberEATS
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces with EATS driver partners to optimize the food delivery process - and whatever else Uber may deliver. This operations-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide partnerships toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Plan and execute analysis that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Develop models that predict likely trends based on market dynamics, customer behavior, and more to pre-empt strategic decisions
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from data and continuously identify new ways to use our data to drive decision making
- Automate and own the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
What You'll Need
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Background in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency in SQL/HIVE, R and Python (nice to have)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and stat modeling)
Bonus Points if
- Experience with common data visualization tools
- Experience in financial modelling
About the Team
The UberEATS business is an extremely complicated balancing act of optimizing for all 3 sides of the marketplace - eater, restaurants, & drivers. Our team is seeking a super motivated & analytical problem solver who can tackle some of our market's most complicated optimization problems, which will help us fuel meaningful and sustainable growth. These are needs that extend beyond Boston to the whole company, so there will be tremendous opportunity to collaborate regionally & nationally based on the ability to successfully execute and scale marketplace solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the ground floor of one of Uber's most fascinating and fastest growing business units.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top