Operations & Logistics Manager, Analytics
We’re looking for a Operations & Logistics Manager, Analytics rockstar to lead marketing performance management for the San Francisco Bay area market.
The right person for this role has an obsession with data, measurement and experimentation, plus expertise in determining key performance indicators across marketing channels, including email, social, SMS/MMS, Web, etc. You will offer a strong data-driven marketing perspective to help translate analysis into actionable insights consistently across the business.
You’ll have the chance to define the way marketing performance is calibrated and play a big part in identifying opportunities to help the marketing function optimize and scale as we grow at a rapid pace.
As a member of the SF Marketing team, the right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, be able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and thrive in a startup culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and own a marketing performance reporting dashboard (currently focused on email marketing) to define, track and monitor the effectiveness of our marketing programs. Once established, you’ll actively communicate insights to drive performance improvement.
- Analyze how past and current campaign performance impacts rider and driver behavior, recommending strategies and campaigns that will increase loyalty and engagement.
- Set and deliver on tangible content and campaign goals (i.e. open-rate, conversion, referrals, engagement, rides, etc.).
- Proactively plan, develop, and test digital marketing strategies that engage and retain our users.
- Reporting and playbooking. Document everything. The learnings from today will pave the way for growth in the West region and other markets around the world.
- Collaborate and communicate with teams across the company to integrate email content and strategies with overall city and regional team efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience in marketing analytics and optimization OR experience in a fast-paced analytic role with a passion for marketing and experimentation
- Proven success driving, measuring and analyzing performance marketing campaigns, inclusive of email and social.
- Skilled at planning, organizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong communicator with ability to proactively guide strategy and implementation.
- Naturally curious with an appetite to work in a highly creative and innovative environment.
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to new and changing marketing strategies and tools.
- Excellent Excel skills required (You know how to do just about anything, but aim for simplicity and readability)
- Experience with SQL required.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, or similar field.
- Knowledge of experimentation and statistical testing (We A/B test everything and keep a high bar for scientific accuracy).
- Experience with predictive modeling using statistical software packages like R, Python, or SAS is a huge plus but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- You will work with Operational rockstars.
- Ground floor opportunity: as an early member of our business operations team, you’ll shape the business direction of the company locally and globally.
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and changing the way real people move around their cities.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top