Operations & Logistics Manager - Analytical Focus (RELOCATION NECESSARY)
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to be a great partner to our very valuable driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan and execute analysis that informs key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Develop models that predict likely trends based on market dynamics, customer behavior, and more to preempt strategic decisions
- Apply strict sampling and statistical inference techniques to derive insights from small samples of data and continuously identify new ways to use our data to drive decision making
- Automate and lead the end-to-end process of modelling and data visualization
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-5 years background in a quantitative role
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent Excel skills with an advanced knowledge of statistical methods (sampling, inference and stat modeling)
- Proficiency in SQL, R and/or Python
- Experience with common data visualization tools is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
- WILLINGNESS TO RELOCATE (to either Seattle or Boston)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym & phone reimbursement, paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top