Operations & Logistics Coordinator - UberEATS
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we're only just getting started.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Coordinator role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement — Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Hustle — Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
What you'll need
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be "in the trenches" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Corporate strategy or business development background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top