Operations Lead - Uber Moto
The Operations Lead – Uber Moto role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth of the next huge potential business for Uber India! This is a critical leadership role as we look to expand Moto into new cities in India and help current Moto cities scale effectively. This data driven role calls for the unique combination of thoughtful analysis, creativity & interpersonal ability to develop collaborations, define and launch exciting new products, and to share ownership of the strategy and operational performance of Moto pan-India.
You will have close responsibility for the growth of the business and collaborate with Marketing, Product, Public Policy, EATS and City Teams around India. This is a flexible, cross functional role and you'll draw on both your excellent analytic skills and your dependable interpersonal skills right away.
What you'll do:
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Expansion Planning - Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding Uber Moto to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Policy-Ops - Manage local and Pan-India regulatory concerns and politics to decrease frictions in allowing Moto to scale effectively
- Strategy - Sit as a Senior Member of a Pan-India Moto Taskforce to decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Process improvement - Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Scale - Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions..
- Lead by example - Be truth-seeking and comfortable with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Move fast and be biased toward action.
What you'll need:
- Operational /Analytical experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management.
- A data driven decision making mentality and excellent business judgment through analytical thinking.
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance or similar field.
- Passion about taking initiative to seize opportunities. A "let's get to work" and get into the details approach.
- High throughput. Your strong bias towards action helped you earn the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- An intuition for people. You're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external cross functional teams and city teams, building and really cultivating new relationships and having a collaborative approach to leadership to get things done with buy in and help from multiple stakeholders.
- The athlete's mentality. You're an all around player, flexing and stretching your analytical prowess, pitching in as needed but also knowing when to take control and lead a conversation be it with an engineer, a product manager, or a C-level executive.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top