Operations Intern, Manila
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Operations team is responsible for driver and rider operations, local marketing, community engagement, partnerships, and more. As an Uber Intern, you'll be working with Uber Full-Time Employees from the team to help people move through their cities in any of the functions aforementioned.
The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup culture. We're looking for analytical rock stars, marketing mavens, and operations aces who are passionate about Uber.
Depending on the function you're assigned to, you may find yourself doing any of the following:
- Work closely with our operations team to streamline processes and assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify creative strategies to get the Uber experience in front of riders and drivers
- Develop new and innovative ways to bring the Uber love to cities
- Focus on and manage supply and demand growth in your city
- Analyze promotions and incentives by turning raw data into actionable insights
- Cultivate and establish mutually beneficial partnerships with different stakeholders
We're looking for someone who is:
- Available for eight (8) straight weeks, minimum
- Self-driven with superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks
- Naturally curious– innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Fun and a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Motivated and understands the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited user pool
- Analytical and capable of working with big data and deriving actionable business insights
- #Superpumped and always ready to hustle–gets more done with less, taking pride in working longer, harder, and smarter than the next person
- Interns are given an allowance and Uber credits each month
- Free catered lunch and snacks daily
- Smart and engaged co-interns and mentors
- Ground floor opportunity with the local team and members from Regional and HQ; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top