Operations & Data Analysis Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Operations & Data Analysis Manager will take a data-driven approach to gathering insights geared towards making informed decisions and process improvements critical to the success of Uber's Ridesharing operation in Colombia. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep statistical understanding and abilities with SQL, Python, R, to propose experiments and implement policies and practices informed by the insights you've gleaned. You must have extremely good statistical, analytical, and data-mining skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem-solving mindset, the ability to clearly communicate and present information, and a go-getter attitude.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Drive statistical analysis on projects and initiatives and use it to inform further key operational strategic decisions
- Propose experiments and analyses based on your understanding of the operation and of the troves of data Uber collects on a daily basis
- Build relationships with and communicate your findings to other operational territory teams, regional teams, product teams, and other critical operational stakeholders
- Enhance or, when necessary, develop data mining models, frameworks and paradigms to empower the Colombia and Latin America teams
- Structure analytical frameworks to support the company in other markets and with new products
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience deep diving into data to drive business decisions but we will consider other candidates if they comply with the rest of the requirements
- Proven background and ability in complex statistical analysis
- SQL fluency required
- Skilled with programming languages R and Python highly preferred. Skilled with at least one of the two is required.
- Ability to self-serve and proactively investigate and get the data required
- Experience presenting data visually
- Extraordinary Excel and data management skills
- High proficiency in English and Spanish
- A demonstrated passion for building the future of mobility in Colombia through statistics and deep data analysis
Bonus Points if
- Master's Degree in a field related to Data Analysis, Computer Science, Actuarial Sciences or Statistics
- Fast-growing technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking, or private equity background preferred
About the Team
The Colombia Operations team covers a series of critical operational fronts for Uber Ridesharing in Colombia, including marketplace analytics, driver/rider acquisition and engagement, marketing deployment and assessment, safety & fraud strategy and initiatives, among other key operational pillars across the 19 Uber cities in Colombia. The team also works closely with other territory, regional and headquarters teams including Product, Product Ops, Engineering, and others.
Back to top