Operations Coordinator - UberEATS, Cape Town
At a Glance
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market. The UberEATS Operations Coordinator role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between EATS courier partners and EATS restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to run partnerships.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What You'll Do
- Own Operations In Your City: Delivering an amazing service to our users
- Manage a local team: We have local teams on the ground and we need optimistic leaders to develop these teams while shaping the organisation.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Courier Partner Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, manage partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the UberEATS system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Strategy: Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an ambitious timeline to reach those goals.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier partners' experience on UberEATS.
- Resourcefulness: Take ownership of UberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year analytical, operational and/or consulting experience.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our courier and restaurant partners.
- Creative solutions-driven mindset, with a get things done attitude.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Fluency in Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho and/or other African language(s) is required
We work at speed; this is no nine to five! Uber is where your hard work drives immediate impact to our business! You must be excited to get your hands dirty and help grow UberEATS in the region. Are you up for the challenge?
- Employees are credited with Uber trips each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is making a positive impact on how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top