Operations Coordinator - Rio de Janeiro
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Operations & Logistics Manager (Analytics Focus) role provides a unique opportunity to drive growth through the analysis of data and strategic thinking. This specialized Operations role requires a combination of technical (SQL) and business experience (applied economics / statistics) to improve supply productivity and efficiency.
This is a business-side role in a high-growth environment. You will work with the local São Paulo Operations team to take on major cities across the state of São Paulo, as well as contribute on regional projects. This role will have responsibility for the growth of our business and relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conduct business research by gathering data (SQL), identifying options, and conducting experiments with detailed analyses;
- Identify business opportunities and implement scalable and actionable solutions to solve those problems;
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies;
- Present data-driven recommendations with clear proposed next steps;
- Take ownership of Uber's growth and relationships across the region.
- At least 1-3 years of consulting / business analytics / applied economics or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
- Data-driven decision-making ability and sound business judgment through meaningful analytical thinking.
- Background in, or comfort with, statistical concepts
- Proficiency with SQL, and familiarity with one additional scripting language (Python, R, Java...)
- Laser-focused on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Effective communication skills. You can build the story and then tell it just as well.
- Responsiveness. You deliver timely, digestible answers to complex tasks.
- Embody "being an owner" and willing to go beyond the task at hand.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top